Dabbing has become more and more popular in Canada, the term “dabbing meaning” is growing monthly. Of course, this is one of the results of the usage of cannabis, which already become so popular ever since the legalization.
People who have been using cannabis for a while will always be looking for new products and methods to keep their experiences fresh. And using cannabis concentrates, especially by dabbing them, is one of the solutions.
If you have never tried dabbing or used any cannabis concentrates before, you might be very curious right now. But you’d be surprised at how potent they are. These concentrates could be inhaled, and they’re a lot more potent than flower.
So using just a little bit of concentrate could knock you down. The reason is that cannabis concentrates typically have much more THC content than flower. Anyway, let’s learn more about dab and dabbing, and perhaps you may want to try it yourself.
What is dabbing?
Dabbing is the process that involves heating and inhaling cannabis concentrates using a dab rig. Many experienced cannabis users in Canada love using dabs for the high potency effects. And as mentioned above, many people also love to explore and experiment with how to dab with CBD as well. Dabbing CBD also allows high concentrations of CBD to be inhaled and absorbed quickly.
Dabbing meaning is actually very simple. Once you see how someone dabs, you’ll know what to do. Of course, the more you dab, the better you’ll get at it. It’s not uncommon for people to dab using their own methods. So perhaps, you will have your own method that you feel comfortable with and easy to do.
Dab tools that you need
When learning how to use a dab rig, you need to remember that dabbing itself is still evolving. So, you may need to adapt and do your research to keep up with new developments. But, the traditional setup always uses these parts:
- Dab rig. It is a water pipe and looks similar to a bong except it also has a fitting for a nail.
- Nail. This refers to the part that looks like a bowl for where you will put the concentrate of your choice. The common material is quartz and shaped like a bucket. But nowadays, you can also find ceramic and titanium materials as well.
- Dabber. This tool can be used to apply the concentrate to the nail. A dabber is usually made of glass or ceramic and has many shapes, including needlepoint, scoop, spoon, paddle, ballpoint, and more.
- Carb cap. Not always necessary but recommended by many users in Canada. You can use one of these to regulate airflow.
- Torch. This tool is used to heat up the concentrate.
- Cannabis extract. Of course, you need your concentrate ready. Some of the most common concentrates that Canadians use are BHO, wax, shatter, and solventless extracts. I think solventless extracts are very popular today, and most people prefer that to solvent-based.
How to dab
Now for the fun part. After you get everything ready to go, it’s to dab. Step 1 is turning on your torch and aiming it directly at the nail. Wait until the nail turns red-hot. Also, I want to mention that e-nails could make this part much easier, but they are more expensive.
Next, once the nail is hot enough, turn off your torch. Let the nail cools down for about 30 seconds, you can use a timer for this part to help get accurate timing. After the surface temperature isn’t too hot, apply the dab directly onto the nail with the dabber and begin inhaling. I’d recommend you inhale slowly while rotating the dabber tip on the nail. Then, cover the dab with a carb cap and finish inhaling. Always cap your dabs to regulate the airflow. Exhale and enjoy the effects.
Keep in mind that nails could become very hot when dabbing. Make sure you remember this, so you won’t burn yourself. Always wait for all parts to cool down before you begin touching them. And the remaining things to do is to clean your nail and store everything properly, so you can dab again without problems.
Conclusion on Dabbing Meaning
Dabbing is very fun and useful for Canadians who want to enjoy cannabis concentrates. You may think that it’s complicated but don’t worry, once you tried it a couple of times, I don’t think you’ll have any difficulty. And as always, practice safe consumption, portion your dosage properly, and dab wisely.